A 587k .bmp attachment?! Yikes that's big. If it were a .png it
probably be less than 10k. Anyway, you may find this thread useful:

http://tinyurl.com/ceu7m
http://www.mail-archive.com/log4net-user%40logging.apache.org/msg02238.html

It looks like Michael Collier had a similiar issue and was able to
solve it by making FastDbAppender:

http://tinyurl.com/9f6wn
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging/log4net/trunk/examples/net/1.0/Appenders/SampleAppendersApp/cs/src/Appender/FastDbAppender.cs?view=markup

extend ServicedComponent and marking the class with the
[Transaction(TransactionOption.NotSupported)] attribute.

- Ron