a) Its the same people.  Nicko's been leading it as long as I remember.
b) Even if its at Apache, its still available to the "developer community".
c) If you've already gone through the work of running the .NET 2.0 solution/project convertor and have cleaned up the 120 or so warnings, then why not see the http://logging.apache.org/log4net/contributing.html and contribute a patch back to Apache for inclusion. That way you are participating in the "developer community".

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kian Torabli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 4:47 AM
Subject: .NET 2.0

To all those who asked about log4net availability on the .NET Framework 2.0: it was easy enough to compile it, took me less than two hours to adapt the code and test it.

If you do not want to do the same chore yourself, I'll be happy to provide the updated sources, just drop me an e-mail.

IMPORTANT note: It will work for the Full Framework 2.0, not the Compact Framework, which I do not work with.

To you guys from Apache: I am quite dissatisfied, to say the least, with your handling of log4net. Since you took over from sourceforge, there were no more final releases and as you can see from the many requests for 2.0, you do not seem to (be able to?) keep up to the required speed at all. Why not give this useful gadget back to the developer community?

- Kian