You can use a copy of the log4net 1.2.0.9 release from
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/downloads.html.

Open Visual Studio 2005 and select File->Open->Solution, pick the
log4net.sln from the clean copy of 1.2.0.9.
Run through the conversion wizard (I don't have any issues here). Then
build a debug build.

I just did it and I get the following results:

log4net: Compile complete -- 0 errors, 120 warnings

log4net.Tests: Compile complete -- 0 errors, 47 warnings

If you want a version that builds without warnings then you will need to
use Subversion to checkout the latest copy of the sources. See
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/contributing.html#svn-anon for
details. You will need to change the Build conditional compilation
symbols from "NET;NET_1_0" to "NET;NET_2_0".

Cheers,
Nicko