From: rodrigorl...@ufrj.br
To: walter.carnie...@gmail.com
Subject: Blog Investigação Filosófica divulga Boicote à Elsevier
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:27:44 +0000

http://investigacao-filosofica.blogspot.com/2012/02/researchers-taking-stand-against.html

Researchers taking a stand against Elsevier
Academics have protested against Elsevier's business practices for years with
little effect. These are some of their objections:

They charge exorbitantly high prices for subscriptions to individual journals.
In the light of these high prices, the only realistic option for many libraries
is to agree to buy very large "bundles", which will include many journals that
those libraries do not actually want. Elsevier thus makes huge profits by
exploiting the fact that some of their journals are essential. They support
measures such as SOPA, PIPA and the Research Works Act, that aim to restrict
the free exchange of information. The key to all these issues is the right of
authors to achieve easily-accessible distribution of their work. If you would
like to declare publicly that you will not support any Elsevier journal unless
they radically change how they operate, then you can do so by filling in your
details in the box below.Source / Fonte: http://thecostofknowledge.com/index.php