I think local pronunciation is a good place to start when making a
Lojban name for a place, but there is no need to insist on the
most exact approximation possible when there are reasons to
deviate. Other factors such as wider recognizability or making it
more Lojbanic may be taken into account.

What I don't recommend at all is using capitals or commas in
names of places. Stress and syllabication are completely free in
cmevla, so there is no reason to impose the writer's preferred one
on the readers. I can understand it for names of people, if someone
wants to indicate which stress or syllable pattern they prefer to hear
when being called by others, but in the case of place names that
does not apply. The word {.paris.} can be pronounced with stress on
the first vowel or the last, or in none, and it remains the same word.
It can even be pronounced with syllabic "r" if you like, and it is still
the same word. There is really no reason to uglify its spelling (that's
my aesthetic judgement anyway) by inserting capital letters and
commas here and there. The word will be the same word with or
without them. For example {zoi .PAris. whatever .paRIS.} is valid,
because the opening and closing delimiter word is the same word.

mu'o mi'e xorxes