I believe {xu} will work for your purposes.  {xu} applies to the previous
word or the construct that that word begins.  So when it's used at the
beginning of a sentence it applies to the {.i} and consequently the whole
bridi.  But if you were to say {ma'a reroi xu cipygau lo xumymetano} I think
that would be right.  At least, I believe it's right with regards to where
the {xu} is.  I'm not sure whether {cipygau} means what I want it to and I'm
not sure if {xumymetano} is a valid fu'ivla for "methanol".

More simply "are we going to the store *twice*?" would be {ma'a reroi xu
klama lo zarci} I believe.