Aaron Trevena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 19 Feb 2001, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>
> > Aaron Trevena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > That would make the large assumption that my perl is a good example. I
> > > hope that DragonForum (soon to be released, watch this space) will make a
> > > good alternative to wwwthreads and ubbs, but although it is now cleaner
> > > and template based it isn't really an example of good perl.
> >
> > I'm using mwf, and someone hereabouts threatened to TTify it, I think.
>
> yes - that were me.
>
> It is a quiet horrid job. I am splitting the thing into 3 layers and the
> templates. so far I have managed to greatly simplify things like
> forum_show.pl and make it much cleaner by removing a lot of presentation
> related code that really should be in the templates rather than embedded
> in perl code.

Balls to that, sounds like too much work. I can live with the inner
sucky stuff, but Stage 1 surely is to have an outer template you can
stick all your site-wide branding and stuff in?

Dave // I picked two: laziness and impatience...

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com