On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 10:19:21AM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:56:19AM +0100, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> I haven't looked at the certificate issue, but most of the things I've
> read so far state that it's only a problem because they've made it a
> problem by using non-standard technology.

And it doesn't seem very impartial if they continue building these sites
which you can only use if you buy products from a given company.

(If I understand the current requirements, you have to buy MacOS (from Apple)
or Windows (from Microsoft) to run your free (no cost) browser)

(Is it legal to be anticompetitive by encouraging a duopoly?)

> > However, it's hardly the end of the world
>
> No, but it is the start of the long slippery slope.  Which most of us
> hope to avoid travelling down.

I agree. It's the not the end of the world. Just the beginning of the end.

Nicholas Clark