On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 05:19:18PM -0600, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> It continues to amaze me that people still use Red Hat. It's
> just a pile of marketing driven crap. Debian is so far superior
> it hurts watching people struggle with RPMs.

Yeah, I know, but then I compile plenty of stuff from scratch rather than
rely on RPMs.  The real reason I haven't switched is because it's really
*nasty* trying to switch from one distro to another without a) losing
valuable config data and b) ending up with a ton of unused junk on the disk
which is nigh-on impossible to tell apart from stuff that's in use.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced