Steve Mynott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Didn't they appear at the Albert Hall with a orchestra in 1970?  Their
> early exposure to classical music didn't impro^H^H^H^H^H change their
> direction much.

They did it again last year and hauled the orchestra round Europe this
time.

> BTW if anyone has the "On the Wings of a Russian Foxbat" 1977 bootleg
> on MP3 with the better guitarist than their usual one can they email
> it since Messrs Napster and Gnutella have failed me on this one?

It's been cleaned up and officially released:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000006Y3Z/thehighwaystar0a/

Dave // Debating going to Tokyo to see them in March...

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com