----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 19 January 2001 14:41
Subject: Re: Hardware Upgrade Fund

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 02:37:24PM -0000, Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> > > Personally I'd be happier if we had mirrored disks in there.
> > I'd go for a backup system before a mirror, myself.
>
> That could be good, too...
>
> We definately need one of the two. (IMHO)

<aaaaghh>
definitely
</aaaaghh>
 that's better :-)

I think the backup system should be individual users writing cron jobs to
tar/gzip/ftp their stuff to other machines, or emailing it to their hotmail
accounts if they don't have other machines!

Who is planning to store data on penderel that they won't have somewhere
else anyway. I don't think we should ever rely on our data being there. I
have a local copy of everything that I have on other servers.

Perhaps I'm missing the point here...

/Robert