As someone who's been using templates and perl to do web sites since January
96 I can see both sides of the argument.  We (perl people) are all much
happier with the idea of building pages from bits it appeals to our
laziness.  There are however end users to consider.  Much as I have tried I
cannot get the marketing droids to use vim and templates.  They seem to have
a real problem with this.  Our solution to this has been to write some perl
code to convert Word documents (marketers tool of choice) into
Template::Toolkit templates that we use internally.  This makes us all happy
:-)

SAM