Those 15 minutes (each way, probably about 20 from where I am)
come out of my pay packet! And it doesn't stay open late enough
in the evening.

I've been spoilt, I used to work at Tower 42 (was natwest tower)
and the city branch was a well lobbed copy of an o'reilly book
(preferably mysql & msql) away.

I can also recommend the bar in Tower 42 as a place to take
friends to impress them (well, apart the snooty bar staff and
average cocktails).

jp