On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 05:48:25PM +0000, Michael Stevens wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 05:38:09PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> > Then they deserve to be hurt.  Really.  We can't possibly support
> > dribbling idiots, and frankly, I have no wish to do so.  If someone is
> > scared by a .tar.gz extension then they have no business installing
> > software.  Even if just for their own use.
>
> I thought one of the goals of this project was to support "dribbling
> idiots"?

Idiots maybe, but not those who are sooo lacking in necessary skills that
they are scared by gzipped tarballs.  Don't forget, these morons are
going to have to know how to get the files to their server, do the
appropriate chmodding, tweak config variables in the script - if you're
clueless enough to be scared off by .tar.gz then you're guaranteed to
fail anyway.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

PGP signature