Mark Fowler wrote:
>  b) This is how to get objects from CPAN, these are a few
>     critical classes that you need to know about.  E.g. this
>     is Data::Dumper, it's fscking useful.  LWP::Simple is
>     your friend.  Etc, etc.  Something of a quick tour.

LWP::Simple is a good example, since if you're downloading .tar.gz's, you'll
want not LWP-Simple-1.23.tar.gz but rather libwww-perl-4.5678.tar.gz (or
something like that), which may not be immediately obvious. Similarly with
Net-SMTP-1.23.tar.gz, which is actually in libnet-4.56.tar.gz.

(Don't know whether CPAN.pm knows this for you. It may.)

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.