On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> > Yes. Either you have to translate "randomkanji" to "bq--buffy"[2] in your
> > head or with an appropriate tool, or nslookup will have to be smart
> > enough[1] to translate "randomkanji" to "bq--buffy" before asking the
> > resolver library.
> err [1] unlikely to happen because its deprecated as of BIND-tools version
> 9.1

oh, how crap.

> you are apparently supposed to use dig or host .. my feeling is that
> nslookup is too easy to use and useful so they decided to deprecate it to
> make it harder for non BIND gurus to be able to tell wahts going on ...

It's not easy to use, but it has better error reporting than the default
host(1) command. I think it really is time to switch to using adnshost
more...

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick   Home: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  +44 20  8980 5714  (Home)
http://colondot.net/   Work: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> +44 7956 613942  (Mobile)