Sorry to drag the list off-topic, but I've a Perl question!

I'm having trouble building HTML::Parser on an AIX box. It's the first time
I've tried to build and install an XS module, so it's quite possible that
it's a wider issue.

The 'make' seems to go ok, but when I run 'make test' I get the same error
for each test file:

t/unbroken-text.....Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so' for
module HTML::Parser: dlopen: blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so: A file or
directory in the path name does not exist. at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/aix/DynaLoader.pm line 168.

 at t/unbroken-text.t line 2
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/unbroken-text.t line 2.
dubious
        Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)

Running ls -l blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so shows that the file
exists and is readable.

The build process seems to be using IBM's own C compiler rather than gcc.

Does anyone have any clues about this?

Cheers,

Dave...

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.