On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:33:07AM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 10:10:23AM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > we are considering funding the development of a procmail-a-like for
> > snail-mail.
>
> I want a procphone.

Now that's reasonably feasible. Tap the incoming audio signal and feed
it to Viavoice + Perl. Have the phone be automatically answered with a
recording of your own voice saying 'Hello?'. Feed the conversation out
to speakers for your interception and amusement - if you want to take
the call, just pick up - otherwise, the script will listen for key
phrases in the incoming response ('double glazing', 'market research',
etc, etc...) and immediately on recieving one deliver a pre-recorded
appropriate rant before hanging up. With a little more advancement, it
could be got to respond to some simple fore-spam ('Can I speak to ...' /
'speaking', etc).

Hmm. I like it, wonder if the software's up to it though.

Martin