Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 12:43:59PM +0100, James Powell wrote:
> > > No; many people withhold automatically, it a legitimate privacy concern.
> > That's what the terse message is for ("reveal yourself, or bugger off").
> > I suppose it could go to answerphone.
>
> Caller detect doesn't work for international calls either.

In theory it should but it depends on the signalling used on the
calls.  Many countries should connect via SS7 which should work.

Some probably don't pass the CLI for various technical reasons and
some use earlier signalling systems.

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    <tmbg:#openbsd> that's one huge plus about *bsd. it's easy to pronounce