On Wed, 16 May 2001, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:59:07AM +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> > I do keep intending to do something cute with my ISDN adapter and log the
> > stuff coming out of the D channel and see whats in there ... but time has
> > prevented it etc.
>
> I'd be interested to hear how you get on... I was under the impression
> that the D channel was an always on 16k-thing.  It'd be interesting to
> see what gets sent down there normally...

ummm it might be 9k6 but yes, its always on. My card will do either two B
(64k) channels or a B and D channel ...

most of what gets sent down there is CLID, charge info, etc .. I think
they strip a load of it off if you only pay for home highway .. and allow
it through if you pay for business highway... ie they actually go to some
trouble to provide a worse service .. fules.

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited
Real Solutions For A Virtual World