At 21:08 15/05/01 +0100, you wrote:

>They already offer it.
>You can bar up to ten numbers (IIRC). I don't know how it deals
>with withheld numbers. Never checked.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you always send your CID when
you make a phone call. If you choose to withhold the ID, it still gets
sent, it just gets sent with a 'do not disclose' flag set, which all (BT
approved) phones and services (like 1471) must honour. Therefore it should
be easy for BT themselves to offer something that can bar CID witheld
calls.

But this might be wrong, or might just be how the US system works or
something.

--
Jonathan Peterson
Technical Manager, Unified Ltd, 020 7383 6092