On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 04:45:45PM +0100, Leo Lapworth wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 08:19:56AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 07:47:00AM +0100, Greg McCarroll
>([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > >

> > > *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*
> > > *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*
> > > *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

> > > Well what about last night? Buffy no more? Well I'm pretty sure she
> > > will be back, my reasoning - they played the normal end of show credits/
> > > theme tune, if they had of killed the character off, there would of been
> > > a special ending. Mind you, when I explained this theory to the wife she
> > > used the phrase ``clutching at straws''
> >
> > Well, how about the argument that SMG has singed up for two more series?
> >
> I've been told (*prays this is not true*) that SMG signed up for two
> more series but has a clause that if Univeral Pictures produce it she
> is not oblidged to do them (as apparently she didn't want to work for
> Universal).
>
> So, this could be an ending to make sure she and Univeral have
> time to work it out...
>
> i just hope I have been mis-informed.

Trying to remember where I read this (probably Heat) but SMG *had* said she
wouldn't stay with the show if it moved from WB to UPN.

Quick bit of digging and I've found the following;
[Heat Magazine, 19-25 May 2001]
"The producers of Buffy, Fox TV, have offered ridiculous soundbites to justify
switching TV networks in the US. The WB, home to Buffy since it's inception,
did not match the "passion" and "vision" demonstrated by rival network UPN,
which has secured the show for two years. The fact that UPN bid a total of
$22 million more than WB wasn't mentioned by Fox.

"UPN sontinued to show it's "vision" and "passion" with the $50,000 gift
baskets it sent eight Buffy cast regulars to welcome them to their new
network - which included Cristal champagne and a Cartier watch, Sarah
Michelle Gellar - who once said she'd quit Buffy if it left WB, then retracted
the comments - was given a Gucci necklace."

Heat may not always be the most reliable rag, but it's ususally fairly
accurate on this stuff.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited