Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 07:48:08AM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
> > [Ah, I see you've still got Reply-To set to the list. Good,
> no need to
> > change habits, then.]
>
> Hmmm, I've always been convinced it's a solidly bad idea.  I'm not
> alone...
>
>     http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Been there, done that, had the flame war. People arguing for both sides.
People accusing other people of not seeing the difference between a
"technical" and a "social" mailing list.

The consensus seemed to be "get an email client that can ignore Reply-To if
this bothers you", though occasionally someone suggests twin lists (one with
munging and one without). And yes, people are aware of the
reply-to-munging-considered-harmful document.

But I don't think it's worth re-opening this can of worms over london-list.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.