On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:01:59PM +0100, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> Matthew Byng-Maddick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I'm trying to keep the thing stable (I knew I couldn't run away from
> > sysadmin for long...), and the board hits MySQL to the extent that all
> > those bugs actually get to manifest themselves...
> Are you on MySQL 3.23? On BDB?
> If you're doing high-update frequency stuff on anything less you get
> what you deserve and have no right to whinge.

3.23 Yes, BDB no.

Actually some of the bugs were crashes in the threading under FreeBSD 4.
:-(. The bug would manifest itself as a crash in the return() call of
mysql_select() :-(

MBM (may well try BDB and see if it makes any difference...)

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/