Matthew Byng-Maddick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:01:59PM +0100, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> > Matthew Byng-Maddick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > I'm trying to keep the thing stable (I knew I couldn't run away from
> > > sysadmin for long...), and the board hits MySQL to the extent that all
> > > those bugs actually get to manifest themselves...
> > Are you on MySQL 3.23? On BDB?
> > If you're doing high-update frequency stuff on anything less you get
> > what you deserve and have no right to whinge.
>
> 3.23 Yes, BDB no.
>
> Actually some of the bugs were crashes in the threading under FreeBSD 4.
> :-(. The bug would manifest itself as a crash in the return() call of
> mysql_select() :-(
>
> MBM (may well try BDB and see if it makes any difference...)

If it's threading that's the issue, then unlikely.

FreeBSD? Ooooh. Is there a tarball release for that? Do you build it
yourself?

Certainly under linux, they statically link to a patched libpthreads.

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com