> > Also how about some more structured ice breakers, perhaps a
> > quick pub quiz were we split into random teams?

> > Maybe we could even have an opening of the meeting, reading out
> > apologies and introducing new people.

Some of us are shy retiring types, and this may actually put people off. I
would say it's just a simple matter of introducing the newcomer to whoever
is there and get them talking (and drinking). My first meeting was quite
painless and was made to feel very welcome. You're not as frightening as the
pictures look :)

Barbie.