On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 05:11:51PM +0100, Robin Houston wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 04:54:07PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > If Vignette's is a good application for it then thank fuck I haven't seen
> > any bad applications of it.
> >
> > Perhaps Vignette's implementation of tcl really really sucks (wouldn't
> > surprise me seeing how shit they are at ... well, everything really)
> > but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.  In fact, part of my contract
> > with Oven was I Don't Do Vignette.
>
> Don't get me wrong: I don't really like StoryServer. It's a shoddy
> product in many ways. I just happen to think that their choice of Tcl
> wasn't a bad one. Their standard library otoh (the CAPITAL_LETTER
> commands) is very poorly-designed.

So, as someone who probably knows tcl better than I do - is it a tclism
or a SSism that you have to use a different number of [[[[ depending on
how deeply nested your code is?  This makes it rather hard to abstract
business logic out into seperate files which then get used in many templates,
cos you have to have different numbers of [[ ... ]] in the file depending
on where you're using it!

ObSlaggingVignette: a CMS which doesn't let you upload image files.  ROFL!
ObSlaggingVignetteAgain: a company which sends patches to customers which
  not only haven't been tested, they haven't even made sure they compile!
ObSlaggingVignetteMore: a company which tells customers to stop reporting
  bugs through their bug-reporting newsgroup cos it's getting too
  embarrassing.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

             If a job's worth doing, it's worth dieing for