On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 03:17:10PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
> Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> > "Lee Goddard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Sorry can't remember who wanted a job, but I just
> > > got asked if I'd do TCL, maybe TCL->Java.  No way.
> > > But maybe you can: big bucks, apparently: hassle
> > Argh! One of the horrible bloaty Content Management systems uses tcl.
> And is moving to Java.

Why does everyone seem to be so anti Tcl? I quite liked it when I used it,
and certainly writing tcl commands in C is much easier than XS and the fun
that you have with that. There are also some interesting ideas that force
you to think in a different way to normal programming - upvar and uplevel.

It's quoting is also interesting, and the idea that "everything is a
string" is actually pretty powerful, even if that's not true in Tcl8
with the internal list implementations.

I like Perl too. And C. Not so fond of Java. Am trying to learn Haskell.

Does that make me weird?

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/