From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Struan Donald
Sent: 06 July 2001 11:40

> * at 06/07 10:57 +0100 Lee Goddard said:

I think it's a large part of the requirement; as you speak with cofindence
on these matters, I gather you're a decent programmer - little else is
needed.

> > > the other flaw is that apache has an api for adding modules into the
> > > core (or as near as) while in your example the extensions happen in
> > > your applications space an not in mysql's which inevitably results in
> > > it all running slower than if it was inside the database which
> > > can/could do all sorts of clever optimisation things.
> >
> > I didn't know that: seems much less thought out than Aapche, but then
> > they're a commerical organisation, so I guess don't get out as much
> > as the Apache crew, and so don't get to learn as much.
>
> i prob should clarify here in that this is AFAIK rather than gospel.
> just that i've never seen anything about an api for the core so i
> assume there isn't one in the sense that apache has one. the fact that
> i've not noticed any third party modules out there seems to support
> this[1].

Or that you've just not noticed them.... either of us could go to the
site and look, and that neither of us has done or is going to do so
kindov belies the importance of the matter. <BURP/>

> > > that said if you just want to use it for a simple website or something
> > > then it is the boy.
> >
> > The boy...?  I'll not pursue that line of metaphor, I think.
>
> cf lobey's the wee boy: http://netsavvy.co.uk/lobey/ which is glasgow
> humour at it's finest.

Phew.  I should have known you're in Glasgow after that bloody
postcode thing.

> [1] which is where someone usually say 'actually...'

Don't call me Ashley.

lee