On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:54:19AM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
[news gatewaying]
> We were thinking about doing this internally, but the one question that
> popped into my head was: does this list allow postings by
> non-subscribers?  That seemed to be the chief block.

Chiark currently gateways cam.pm internally. To be able to post, you still
have to subscribe, but you can subscribe with an address that doesn't get
the mail (ie that you suspend delivery), you also subscribe the gatewaying
address there.

So you still have to be a subscriber, you're just a subscriber who doesn't
get the mail...

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/