On 17/09/2001 at 10:08 +0100, Richard Clamp wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:59:23AM +0100, Paul Mison wrote:
>> I sort of assume there must be a bottish way of doing it. I assume we
>> need to ask Ask.
>
>Not likely to be as useful perl.org runs ezmlm, whereas london.pm.org
>is a mailman box.

Indeed; I queried Ask on IRC and he said that unless and until the
pm.org mailing lists move to perl.org, which implies moving the list
away from london.pm.org (which I assume we don't want to do) we'd have
to do it ourselves.

That's a horrific sentence, but I hope you can figure out what I mean.

>That said you can just read the mailman docs.  On our local install of
>mailman 2.0.5 there's a whole section for setting up a mail-news-mail
>gateway.  I keep meaning to try it out but we don't have a suitable
>news server to point it at as yet.

It doesn't scratch an itch I have, but if Philip can collar the right
people who have accounts on penderel it'd be an interesting project
but....

>Slackness abounds.

Been listening to eighties punk, young man?

--
:: paul
:: husk