robin wrote:

> Is there a Win32 user out there who would be prepared to make a PPD
> file of Want-0.05 for me? Most Win32 users are limited to only three
> kinds of context at the moment, poor things.

I've got a windows box[1] and I'll have a go if you want.  Now some stupid
questions.

1) What's a PPD file?  Is that like a PPM?
2) How do I make one?

The above questions can be answered with urls if you want.

BTW I'm pretty sure my windows box at home has make[2] on it so it
shouldn't have much problem installing pure perl.  Let's have a cpan> look
at Want.  Erk C code.  This is going to require me to have the
(commerical) compiler that built my (activestate) perl isn't it?  Assume
for a moment I have a fit of madness and install this (I've got a trial
version kicking around somewhere.)  What do I do now to make a PPD?

Later.

Mark.

[1] Actually I've got a w2k box plus a laptop that can use 98
occasionally if that's not a problem.
[2] GNU Make IIRC...the one that ships with cygwin

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]