Mark Fowler wrote:
> 1) What's a PPD file?  Is that like a PPM?

I think it's a Perl Package Description that's required if you want to
install a module with the Perl Package Manager.

> 2) How do I make one?

I think that if you have a sufficiently up-to-date ExtUtils::MakeMaker, it's
a matter of 'make ppd'.

> Erk C code.  This is going to require me to have the
> (commerical) compiler that built my (activestate) perl isn't
> it?

Yup. Visual C++, in this case. (Don't forget to run vcvars32.bat in the DOS
box you'll be using to set up envariables such as include path &c., before
attempting to compile. I think MSVC requires that.)

(If there weren't any C, I think Robin could have made the PPD himself with
'make ppd' on a Unix|VMS|... box.)

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.