robin szemeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> When trying to get $X+20 kilos of climbing gear into a $X kilo bagage
> allowance: pack anything sharp and dagerous into your hand bagage (ice
> screws, axes, crampons ) as these don't get weighed and are removed from your
> handbagage at the check-in x-ray and sent along in a nice cardboard box for
> you.

Not under the regime that was already on its way in before Sept
11. Virgin weighed my ONLY piece of baggage, a carry on bag, and it
was a kilo over so they checked it in. Bastards.

--
David Hodgkinson, Wizard for Hire        http://www.davehodgkinson.com
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com