Simon Wistow wrote:

> I've been playing around with converting PHP bytecode to Parrot bytecode so I
> sent a mail asking for information about the internals of their virtual
> machine.
>
> Less than helpful. Umm, yes. Rude, borderline. Urge to kill rising.
> Definitley.

Simon,

I've found PHP developers less than helpfull sometimes, now I just do
perl :-)

I think you'll find it hard to get info as the Zend people play things
close to thier chest - ironic really - they promote "free" php yet Zend
is very closed source centric [1].  Dicotamy to me (if I can spell
it)[2]!

<beware licence war material follows ...>

[1] PHP license changed from GPL to allow the inclusion of Zends qt
style licensce.
[2] Its a real shame that some already reverse engineered the (closed
source) PHP cache product .... the power of open source

<tongue in cheek>
Any, perl rules, why bother with other lesser languages - all I want is
it to go faster .... which I hope the register based stuff will help.

Greg