On 5 Oct 2001, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Robin> (On closer inspection, it appears that what is *intended* to happen at
> Robin> this point is that the computer is shut down. Unfortunately the VB
> Robin> monkeys couldn't get it right. Does it mean that I'm not bound by the
> Robin> terms? If not, why bother with asking the question?)
>
> This is almost as fun as the JS monkeys who write a lengthy "terms and
> conditions" box in a textarea form element (so it'll scroll), except I
> have JS turned off, so the textarea is writable.
>
> I always edit it to say that I agree that the president of the company
> will come over once a week and do my laundry and pay me $1000 per
> month to help reduce my mortgage (replacing all previous conditions),
> just before I press "I agree".
>
> Someday, I gotta get a screen shot of that and send it in.

A year or so I was able to pull more or less the same trick with Oracle,
only Javascript didn't need to be turned off. Fill out the form, then get
presented with a long, rambling disclaimer which was easily editable.

I swapped in the GPL and said 'yes'. They had no problem with that.

Never quite took it so far as to ask for the source though... :)

--
Chris Devers                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]