I've heard a lot of people talk about beautiful algorithms.

I've been told by some that the Fast Fourier Transform is beautiful I
never saw it myself. I also had an Algorithms lecturer almost wet his
pants describing Strassen's Amazing Algorithm for Matrix
multiplication, I never thought it was that amazing or exciting, but
thats just me[1].

However I do see beauty in one of the less efficient sort algorithms
(bubble sort), quick sort is fun as well, but merge sort is nicer in
my opinion. I also love graph algorithms.

So what are other people's feelings about the classic algorithms?[2]

Greg

[1] For people who studied in the dcs at ed.ac.uk, the lecturer was
KK, and you can probably see why you didn't disagree with him.
[2] Ok, its a weak thread but its better than discussing reply-to
setting on mailing lists or whatever the kooks are wanting to discuss
this week ;-)

--
Greg McCarroll                                 http://217.34.97.146/~gem/