Paul Makepeace wrote:

Please don't do that if you can help it. It makes my excuse for an MUA
(Outlook, so sue me) do this:

> Diese Nachricht enthält Zeichen, die vom Internet-Dienst
> nicht unterstützt werden. Zum Lesen doppelklicken Sie auf die
> beigefügte Anlage. Falls der Text inkorrekt angezeigt wird,
> speichern Sie die Anlage (Datei, Speichern unter) auf der
> Festplatte und öffnen Sie sie mit einem Programm, das die
> Zeichen darstellen kann.

In other words:

This message contains characters which are not supported by the Internet
service. In order to read, please click on the attached, um, attachment. If
the text is not displayed correctly, please save the attachment (File, Save
As) on the hard disk and open it with a program which can display the
characters.

Other favourites causing this are "charset=x-unknown" and
"charset=hp-roman8".

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.