Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> Sue Spence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > My other half used to do desktop admin years ago and reports that people
> > get all sorts of disgusting filth in their keyboards on a regular basis.
> > Turn your own keyboard upside down and see what comes out. :)
>
> Last time I did this, it was a disturbing amount of my beard.  I've
> actively tried to twiddle less with it since then.

One thing that used to get him was the amazing number of people who
apparently clip their nails (finger & toe) so close to their keyboards.
The other thing was having to go under desks whose owners were  messy
eaters. Bleah.  I used to revisit a former employer (most recently owned
by Mitel, Skipton, RIP Sept 2001) every so often. The fellow who
inherited my desk used to eat vast quantities of pie/fish/chicken &
chips in his office chair. If you looked down at it, there was a
V-shaped greasy area where his (ample) legs weren't. The carpet around
the chair doesn't bear mentioning, didn't shake the keyboard. ;)