* at 25/10 17:29 +0100 Tony Bowden said:
> > > Disconnect, soak in water to remove sticky stuff, leave to dry, reconnect?
> > Isopropyl alcohol is your friend - mild solvent so it unsticks the sticky
> > stuff - evaporates quickly and is electrically unconductive.
>
> OK ... now we all know how to clean keyboards, what about mice.
>
> Any good tips for keeping them clean? Or is it just "every so often take
> out the ball and hoke around"?

don't use a mousepad. they gather even more dirt thatn the mouse
itself. of course it does depend on your desk surface but since i
stopped using a mouse bad much less mouse cleaning has been required.

other than that the "every so often..." seems the only thing.

> Or "buy one of those fancy laser ones"?

you could do that too. they seem to be very good even allowing for the
irritating red light.