Redvers Davies wrote:
> Which isn't really true.  It's undefined sure, but not uninitialized.
>
> Comments?

Take it up with perl5-porters, I'd say. They'll probably claim it's a
feature. You could try patching the wording so that it says "undefined"
rather than "unitialised" if you prefer.

(And I'm not sure whether $x is distinguishable from ($x = undef). Hm... I
think the first case probably has an SV* pointing to &PL_sv_undef and the
second case points to a valid struct sv whose TYPE field is SvPV and which
has the POK and ROK flags turned off and whose ANY field points to an xpv
structure whose PVX field is probably NULL. Or is one of them a pointer to a
struct sv whose ANY field is NULL and whose TYPE field is SvNULL?)

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.