On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 05:40:31PM +0000, Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 02:26:00PM +0000, Rafiq Ismail (ADMIN) wrote:
>
> >... while talking to mx09.hotmail.com.:
>
> So, he's bought a domain but not any actual mail storage or anything
> tedious like that. Ho hum. Not exactly "professional-looking", is it?
> Give me a demon.co.uk account any day...

I can sympathise with their position -- if you set up your own mail
system (say, MTA+popd) it's a whole lot less accessible than a
hotmail/webmail account. Even if you can get to a cafe' you would then
have to have open access to your pop3d or imapd (gasp!) to the world --
not a pleasant prospect. And you'd still be in the position where POP
sucks compared to webmail.

I think redirecting to a webmail account is perfectly reasonable
thing to do.

YMMV,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"If the sky is deep red, then I would buy you a new life, perfect shiny
 and new."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/