On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 04:15:29PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'd be very surprised if you have a terminal in a cron job (which was
> one possibility from the original requirements above). You can
> probably also use POSIX::isatty() from perl but I haven't checked
> it in detail, or the -t file test, which checks if a filehandle is
> opened to a tty.

Does a CGI always run with a socket as STDOUT?
(in that running with a CGI-faked ENV as part of a pipe in a cron job is
going to look awfuly like being run from a web server)

Or will there be servers that run the CGI with the output to a pipe and in
turn pump that to the client?

Maybe this is all too complex for the purposes of original question.

Nicholas Clark
--
ENOJOB http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/CV.html