I don't know what other people feel, or what else was said in the email
or the circumstances, but I think I'd be pretty pissed off right now if
I found someone posting my private email to a public mailing list,
especially stuff that could be construed as detrimental to the view held
by others of my work even if I said it myself.

I would be asking permission to quote him when putting stuff on a
website.

(Perhaps this has all already been sorted, so ignore this email if
it has...)

</2c>,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is so damn hard about asking for directions? The supreme goal."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/