On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:50:39PM +0000, Mark Fowler wrote:

>  - Optionally use name value pair.  This is very very messy but might
>    be my best option.  Look out though, has can take 5,6,7 or 8
>    arguments depending if you've got a comment and colour indexes or not.

Yes. That's what I'd do. Rely on the first argument's numeric-ness to
determine whether it's a parameter list or name-value. Then run one of
the two distinct parameter-parsing routines, which bung everything into
a convenient hash for the rest of the function to play with...

Then again, I don't do objects, so there may be cleaner ways of doing
that.

Roger

--
He's an old-fashioned hunchbacked hairdresser who dotes on his loving
old ma. She's a disco-crazy foul-mouthed archaeologist who inherited a