On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Roger Burton West wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:50:39PM +0000, Mark Fowler wrote:
>
> >  - Optionally use name value pair.  This is very very messy but might
> >    be my best option.  Look out though, has can take 5,6,7 or 8
> >    arguments depending if you've got a comment and colour indexes or not.
>
> Yes. That's what I'd do. Rely on the first argument's numeric-ness to
> determine whether it's a parameter list or name-value. Then run one of
> the two distinct parameter-parsing routines, which bung everything into
> a convenient hash for the rest of the function to play with...

What's the best way to go about working out numeric-ness

 - Check for digits/undef in the string with a regex

   - this *so* doesn't work with objects that use overloading to provide
     numeric value and something different for stringification

   - ditto for Scalar::Util's dualval (so I can't just check for
     blessedness)

 - See if it matches any of our option keys?  Oooh, expensive.

> Then again, I don't do objects, so there may be cleaner ways of doing
> that.

I had a think about this and I did think that I could indeed do

$tester->use_widths;
$tester->use_coords

Or something like that.  But then this is a major pain if you have lots of
tester objects (you need one for each image you test)

Alternativly I could set a global

$Test::GD::args = "widths"

or even have use_widths and use_coords set that global.

Arrgh, too many options.  None of them clear

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]