On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Simon Wistow wrote:

> Used them?

I've used Exporter::Simple.  Like Exporter::Simple.

> If you're anything like me then you have some unexplained aversion to
> using them. No, I don't know why either. Why is that?

It introduces more dependancies.  I can use Exporter::Simple, but I can
also just use Exporter.

Here (where I can control what people have installed) I use
Exporter::Simple.  When I'm planning code that might see the light of day
outside I use plain Exporter.  A little more code, but easier install for
my target audience.

Hmm.

This strikes me as stupid.  Can I get Exporter::Simple to give me the code
it produces and spit that out for publication?  Somewhat like using
Test::Inline doesn't actually require Test::Inline to be installed on the
other machine as I just run it once immediatly prior to shipping.

Of course, this makes it much harder for people who want to submit patches
to me...

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]