On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 10:20:03AM +0000, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> > to set up. Netgear make some great stuff (but stay away from their
> > FAxxx NICs).
>
> It's really the FA311 that you want to avoid. It uses a National
> Semiconductor chipset that isn't supported with the 2.2.x kernels.

Yup, that's the bastard. The funny thing is, it's a dog under Windows
too (2000 at least). One of those times when you spend more than 20mins
debugging a hardware problem and think (for the millionth time) "it's
just not worth saving a few quid on hardware".

of course, ymmv...

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is the sun's temperature? It is that fool that I can see right in
 your eyes."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/