For those that aren't following Moz news much, some pretty interesting
stuff happening recently: Mozilla 0.9.9 was released a few days ago and
has some ultra-cool features:

* Mozilla has a new method for disabling pop-up and pop-under windows.
  It is now possible to disable the JavaScript window.open() method when
  it is not called as a result of a mouse click.

Yeah, baby.

There's also a javascript debugger, SOAP support, truetype font support
on unix, LDAP for address books and some solaris speed-ups.

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla0.9.9/

On AOL dropping MSIE, a move that will put Gecko in 30 million homes and
beginning to rid the world of the Web-crippling pox that is Netscape 4.x:
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/03/08/1957252&mode=thread

Choice quotes:
``We hear that every hardware vendor who approaches AOL is now being
asked, "How is your support for Linux?" before they are even allowed to
make a sales presentation.''

``Microsoft's server products have never been seriously considered by
AOL, according to our insiders. "The licenses cost too much, their
hardware requirements are excessive, they take too much labor to
maintain, and we have enough security problems of our own without adding
Microsoft's," says an AOL bean-counter who has access to the company's
server cost numbers.''

Mozilla will ship with v8 of AOL's client software (no date given, but
they already ship Gecko beta).

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"If drawing is like riding a bike, then hold on tightly!"
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/