Well, cam.pm didn't react and say Oi! stop! no! so I'll forward it here too.
----- Forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:34:01 +0000
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Friends of the Camel
Subject: make ok fast

AS SEEN ON NATIONAL TV:
Making over half a million ok reports every 4 to 5 months from your home for
an investment of only 10 minutes CPU time
THANK'S TO THE COMPUTER AGE AND THE INTERNET !

Before you say Bull, please read the following. This is the letter you
have been hearing about on slashdot lately. Due to the popularity of this
letter on the Internet, a international mailing list recently devoted an
entire thread to the investigation of this program described below, to see
if it really can make people ok reports. The list also investigated whether or
not the program was legal.  Their findings proved once and for all that
there are absolutely NO Laws prohibiting the participation in the program
and if people can - follow the simple instructions, they are bound to make
some mega oks with only 10 minutes out of pocket cost. DUE TO THE RECENT
INCREASE OF POPULARITY & RESPECT THIS PROGRAM HAS ATTAINED, IT IS CURRENTLY
WORKING BETTER THAN EVER.  This is what one had to say: Thanks to this
profitable opportunity. I was approached many times before but each time I
passed on it. I am so gladI finally joined just to see what one could expect
in return for the minimal effort and CPU required. To my astonishment, I
received total 610,470¼ ok reports in 21 weeks, with more still coming in.

Just follow these simple instructions.

  Download 5.7.3 from CPAN

  cd perl-5.7.3
  sh Configure -de -Dusedevel -Dprefix=/usr/local/test/perl573
  make all
  make test

and if you see the magic line:

  All tests successful.
  u=3.03333  s=3.68333  cu=289.5  cs=43.6167  scripts=594  tests=56364

run make ok and send your OK report back to the top address on the list below.

But don't stop there.

  make install

This will install perl as

  /usr/local/test/perl573/bin/perl5.7.3

which won't clash with your existing perl

Now try the shiney new perl with all your favourite modules.

  /usr/local/test/perl573/bin/perl5.7.3 -MCPAN -e shell

Report any problems to the top address on this list:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now, make a copy of this message. Remove the top address from the list.
Write your own address on the bottom of the list.
Mail the message to 5.8 of your perl using friends.

Within a few weeks you will be getting 38068.692544 ok reports all for
yourself.

Damian didn't follow these instructions. He didn't check whether his scripts
worked with 5.7.3. And when 5.8 came out a few weeks later none of his scripts
worked with it. He's forced to run all his scripts on perl6.
You wouldn't want that now, would you?

Don't delay - do it today.

----- End forwarded message -----